time offers. All Order Summaries are subject to acceptance by Resident706, in its sole discretion. The Order Summary, the Marketing Services Terms, and the documents and/or links referenced in such documents are together referred to as the “Agreement.”
If you are accepting on behalf of your employer or another entity, you represent and warrant that (i) you have full legal authority to bind your employer or such legal entity to this Agreement, (ii) you have read and understand this Agreement and (iii) you agree, on behalf of the Client, to this Agreement.
PLEASE REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY, INCLUDING THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROVISION IN SECTION 15, WHICH DESCRIBES HOW CERTAIN DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED BETWEEN US, AND THAT NO CLASS ACTIONS MAY BE BROUGHT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU WANT TO OPT-OUT OF THIS DISPUTE RESOLUTION PARADIGM, SECTION 15 BELOW DESCRIBES THE PROCEDURES YOU MUST FOLLOW TO DO SO.
- Marketing Services. The Marketing Services include, but are not limited to, the following products:
- Media Products
- Resident706 Live Chat
- Virtual Tours
- Property Listings
- Email Marketing
- Premium Local Services
- Tracking Service
- Identification of Fees. You agree to pay the amount
- Promotional Credits. If Resident706 offers any special promotions that provide you with credits or other incentives in connection with purchasing Marketing Services (the “Promotional Credits”), and you cancel one or more of the Marketing Services prior to completion of the Initial Term (other than for cause, as set forth below), then in addition to any other cancellation penalties you may be subject to, you will be required to repay to Resident706 the full amount of the Promotional Credit(s).
3. Payment Terms(s)
- General. Once an Order Summary has been accepted by Resident706, you will be responsible for payment in full of all Fees, except as may otherwise be provided in Section 4(c) hereof. The Fees shown are not inclusive of sales, use or similar taxes which may be applicable. If applicable, sales, use and similar taxes shall be your sole responsibility and may be assessed on the invoice. Please note that the sales tax shown on an Order Summary is only an estimate. The actual amount of sales tax will be determined at the time that payment is made. All payments are due in U.S. dollars.
- Manner of Payment. You shall pay for all amounts payable under this Agreement either by credit card (the “Client Card”), ACH (electronic debit from your bank account) or such other form of payment as Resident706 may, in its sole discretion, permit. You will be required to agree to the applicable payment authorization form(s), which also permit Resident706 to recover any Promotional Credits (as set forth above) and collect any Cancellation Fees (as defined below) in the authorized manner. With Resident706 prior approval, under certain circumstances you may pay by check. In the case of payment through ACH, no amounts owing are considered paid until the electronic debit has been received by Resident706’s bank. . The Agreement shall commence upon execution of an Order Summary and, unless otherwise provided, shall continue until canceled in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Free trials and other limited time offer signed up for without an Order Summary have limited terms and will automatically conclude unless the Marketing Service is purchased via an Order Summary at the end of the trial period.
- Timing of Payment. Fees, as identified on the Order Form, are due in advance of each Cycle as more fully described in the Product Terms. If there are Set-Up Fees (as set forth on the Order Summary), such Fees shall be paid in advance together with all amounts owed for the first Cycle. Resident706 shall have the right to charge the Client Card or debit from your account through ACH for Fees in accordance with these Marketing Services Terms. You understand and acknowledge that all amounts owed must be paid in advance and that, in addition to being in breach of your contractual obligations, your campaign or service may be paused or terminated if timely payment is not received. Cycle Due Date: Every 30 Days.
- Term. The Agreement shall commence upon execution of an Order Summary and, unless otherwise provided, shall continue until canceled in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Free trials and other limited time offers signed up for without an Order Summary have limited terms and will automatically conclude unless the Marketing Service is purchased via an Order Summary at the end of the trial period.
- Cancellation. Unless otherwise provided in the Product Terms, You may cancel anyMarketing Service at any time and for any reason by calling 1-706-426-8114 (a “Cancellation Request”).
1.If you have not completed the initial number of Cycles set forth on the Order Summary (the “Initial Term”), cancellation will be effective at the completion of the Initial Term.
2.If you have completed the Initial Term, cancellation will be effective at the completion of one full Cycle after Resident706’s receipt of your Cancellation Request (for example if you request cancellation while you are in the middle of the 6th Cycle, the cancellation will be effective after completion (and payment) through and including the 7th Cycle).
- Resident706 may cancel at any time for any reason on written notice to you (which may be provided by email) upon the conclusion of a Cycle.
- Cancellation Fee. Unless otherwise provided, if you wish to cancel any Marketing Service immediately without completing the applicable term described above, you may do so, but you will have to pay a cancellation fee equal to 50% of any unpaid portion of such Marketing Service’s term (the “Cancellation Fee”). The following is an example:
1. If you wish to cancel a Resident706 campaign with an Initial Term of 12 Cycles at $599.00 per Cycle after 9 Cycles, you will be obligated to pay $898.50 Cancellation Fee (which is 50% of the unpaid portion of the Initial Term).
- Resident706 may, consistent with established payment practices, charge the Client Card or shall be permitted to cause payment to be made through ACH for the Cancellation Fee or Resident706 may invoice you for the Cancellation Fee, which invoice must be paid within seven (7) business days after the invoice date. No cancellation of an Order Summary under this section shall take effect until the Cancellation Fee has been paid, meaning that Resident706 may continue the campaign, and you shall continue to be obligated to pay for the campaign in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You acknowledge that the Cancellation Fee is not a penalty, but rather is a reasonable amount of liquidated damages to compensate Resident706 for your early cancellation of Marketing Services.
- Cancellation Revocation. You may, upon written notice to Resident706(email is acceptable) revoke such termination within 30 days after you have made a Cancellation Request, in which case the Order Summary will be reinstated and all applicable campaigns, if they had been stopped, will be re-initiated upon payment in full of all amounts owed. If the Cancellation Fee has already been paid, it shall be applied to the amount owing on the Order Form.
- Termination for Cause. Either you or Resident706 may terminate the Agreement (which will terminate all current Order Summary) on 30 days prior written notice (the “Notice Period”) if the other party is in material breach of its obligations hereunder and such breach has not been materially cured by the conclusion of the Notice Period. For the avoidance of doubt, Resident706 makes no guarantees with respect to the performance of any campaign or any other service and therefore such performance shall not be a basis for termination persuant to this Section.
- Campaign Pauses. Resident706 may pause a Media Product campaign at any time for operational reasons. You may also request a pause in a campaign, however, it will be in Resident706’s sole discretion to determine if a campaign pause is appropriate. If you request to pause your campaign and the campaign is paused for more than 30 days, you will have to pay an additional Campaign set- up Fee to restart the campaign. Resident706 may charge the Client Card or shall be permitted to cause payment to be made through ACH for the Cancellation Fee or Resident706 may invoice you for such additional setup Fee, which invoice must be paid within seven (7) business days after the invoice date.
- No Refunds. You understand and agree that you will not be entitled to any refunds of amounts already paid to Resident706, unless you properly terminate under Section 4(e) or Resident706 terminates under the last sentence of Section 4(b), in which case you shall only be entitled to a refund for the unspent balance of the then applicable Cycle Payment or equivalent, which shall be your sole remedy.
- Collection of Amounts Owed. Any amounts not paid by you when due shall bear interest at the rate of 1.5% per month (or the highest rate permitted by law, if less). You agree to pay all costs of collection (including attorneys’ fees and costs and all other legal and collection expenses) incurred by Resident706 in connection with its enforcement of its rights under the Agreement.
- Effect of Termination; Survival. You understand and acknowledge that due to the nature of the Internet, certain information regarding you that was posted on the Internet as part of the Marketing Services may continue to be available on the Internet following termination of Marketing Services and/or the Agreement. All provisions of the Agreement that by their sense or nature should survive termination of the Agreement (including, without limitation, all limits of liability, indemnity obligations, and confidentiality obligations) shall survive. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of any termination, you shall remain liable for any amounts due to Resident706 as of the effective date of termination.
- Resident706 Platform.
1. Your Data. As part of the campaign initiation process and from time to time during the campaign, you will provide certain information to Resident706, which Resident706 may input into its proprietary platform (the “Platform”). Accordingly, you hereby permit Resident706 to input your contact information, credit card or ACH information, and campaign information into the Platform. Resident706 will only use such information in connection with the fulfillment of the Marketing Services, as otherwise permitted by the Agreement and as may be legally necessary. In addition, you agree that Resident706 may, from time to time, use your data to send you emails regarding Platform updates, campaign updates, payment reminders, and marketing opportunities relating to Resident706 and its commercial partners.
2. License to Access Resident706. Upon sign-up for a Marketing Service and for so long as your account is in good standing or until you cancel all Marketing Services, you will be granted a revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, limited license to access Resident706’s, online reporting and marketing services platform, including, if applicable, Resident706’s content management system. Your access shall be password protected and you agree that you may not share your password with third parties or otherwise provide access to Resident706 to third parties. If the security of your username(s) or password(s) is compromised in any way, or if you or one of your agents suspects that it may be, you shall immediately contact Resident706. Resident706 is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the compromise of any password. You acknowledge and agree that you do not have, nor will you claim any right, title or interest in Resident706, the Platform, software, data, applications, methods of doing business or any elements thereof, or any content provided therein. You may only access Resident706 via a Web browser, a mobile application or in a manner otherwise approved by Resident706. You will not attempt in any way to reverse engineer, alter, modify, eliminate, conceal, or otherwise render inoperable or ineffective Resident706. Resident706 may terminate the foregoing license, at any time and for any reason.
7. Intellectual Property Matters.
1.License to ReachLocal. You hereby grant to Resident706 and the Publishers a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, modify (as permitted herein), publicly perform, display, broadcast and transmit during the term of this Agreement (i) any text, images, logos, trademarks, service marks, promotional materials, product or service information, comments, reviews, photos, audio and video clips and other information (“Client Content”) you provide in connection with any Marketing Service and (ii) the Existing Site, to the extent necessary for Resident706 to perform the Marketing Services. Except as set forth in this Agreement, title to and ownership of all intellectual property rights of all Client Content shall remain with you or your third-party licensors. You agree that Resident706 may, during the term of this Agreement and thereafter, include your name (including any trade name, trademark, service mark and logo) on Resident706’s client list, and in its marketing materials, sales presentations and any online directories that Resident706 may, from time to time, publish.
2. Resident706 Creative Services. Except as may be otherwise provided in the Agreement, if you request that Resident706 provide any creative services, you will remain fully responsible for any content you provide to Resident706. With
respect to any content created by Resident706, as between you and Resident706, Resident706 shall retain ownership of the design elements of such content, excluding any of your trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos or other proprietary elements that may be included within such content, but that predate the creation of the content.
- Your Representations, Warranties and Covenants. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights and authority to enter into the relationship with Resident706 contemplated by the Agreement. You represent, warrant and covenant that the Existing Site, any content linked to the Existing Site and any content or materials that you provide to Resident706, do not and will not: (a) infringe on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, moral right or other proprietary rights or right of publicity or privacy; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, including, without limitation, laws and regulations governing export control, false or misleading advertising or unfair competition; (c) be defamatory or libelous; (d) be pornographic or obscene; or (e) contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines. You further represent, warrant and covenant that the product or service that is being (or will be) promoted through any campaign is (i) lawful and (ii) not the subject of any ongoing investigation by any local, state or federal regulatory or quasi-regulatory authorities.
- You will indemnify, defend (with counsel reasonably acceptable to Resident706) and hold harmless Resident706, the Publishers, their subsidiaries, affiliates and parent companies and each of their respective directors, officers, agents and employees and each of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees of any kind (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) incurred in connection with any claim, action or proceeding arising from or relating to: (i) any breach by you of any representation, warranty, covenant or other obligation contained in these Marketing Services Terms or in any of the Product Terms; (ii) the violation of any rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other proprietary rights by you or anyone using your account; (iii) the sale, license, supply or provision of your goods or services; or (iv) any other act, omission or misrepresentation by you. Resident706 reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. If Resident706 does assume the defense of such a manner, you will reasonably cooperate with Resident706 in such defense. You will not enter into any settlement or compromise of any such claim, which settlement or compromise would result in any liability to, or any admission of wrongdoing by, any indemnified person or entity, without Resident706’s prior written consent.
- Resident706 will indemnify, defend, and hold you harmless from and against any loss, damage, cost, liability or expense (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any claim that any Resident706 technology used in connection with its provision of the Marketing Services infringes the copyright, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, provided that notice is given to Resident706 promptly of such claims and that you provide such assistants as may be reasonably required in the defense of such matters.
- 10. Agency. In the event you are purchasing advertising on behalf of another company, you represent and warrant that you have been authorized by each such company to act as its agent in all respects relating to the Agreement, including, without limitation, the making of any elections or giving of any consents. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree on behalf of each such company that such company has been made aware of, and agrees to be bound by, these Marketing Services Terms. You and each such company shall be jointly and severally liable for fulfillment of obligations under this Agreement, including all payment obligations.
- 11. Confidentiality. Except as may be required by applicable law, you shall not disclose the contents of the Agreement to any third party (other than its employees and representatives who are made aware of and agree to this restriction) without Resident706’s prior written consent. Except as otherwise expressly herein permitted, no party may issue a press release concerning the existence or terms of the Agreement without the prior written consent of the other party. In addition, except as may be required by applicable law, you may not disclose any Confidential Information regarding Resident706. “Confidential Information” means information about Resident706’s (or its suppliers’) business, products, technologies (including the Platform), strategies, financial information, operations or activities that is proprietary and confidential, including without limitation all business, financial, technical and other information disclosed by Resident706. Confidential Information will not include information that you can establish is in or enters the public domain without breach of these confidentiality obligations.
- 12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIE REACHLOCAL PROVIDES ALL MARKETING SERVICES PERFORMED HEREUNDER AND RESIDENT706 ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEE OF CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED AVAILABILITY. IF THE MARKETING SERVICES ARE INTERRUPTED OR DELAYED, RESIDENT706’S SOLE OBLIGATION WILL BE TO RESTORE SUCH SERVICES AS SOON AS
PRACTICABLE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RESIDENT706 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. RESIDENT706 WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY: (i) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT OR INFORMATION; (ii) CLAIMS RELATING TO INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (OTHER THAN BY THE PLATFORM) OR DEFAMATION; (iii) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF ANY OF THE MARKETING SERVICES; (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF RESIDENT706’S SERVERS OR OF ANY PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION; (v) INTERRUPTION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE MARKETING SERVICES; (vi) BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE
WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH THE MARKETING SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (vii) LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A
RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, E-MAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE MARKETING SERVICES; OR (viii) MATTERS BEYOND RESIDENT706’S REASONABLE CONTROL. RESIDENT706 DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE OFFERINGS OR ANY LINKED WEB SITE.
- 13. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM RESIDENT706 OR THROUGH THE MARKETING SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE IN THESE MARKETING SERVICES TERMS.
- 14. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RESIDENT706
MAKES NO GUARANTEES WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY CAMPAIGN OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE
- 15. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
- NO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), OR FOR INTERRUPTED COMMUNICATIONS, LOSS OF USE, LOST BUSINESS, LOST DATA OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY WILL NOT APPLY TO (I) EITHER PARTY’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS, INCLUDING ANY AMOUNTS PAYABLE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH; (II) TO YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS; AND/OR (III) EITHER PARTY’S WILLFUL MISCONDUCT.
- LIMITATION ON DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RESIDENT706’S CUMULATIVE, AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY EXCEED THE AMOUNTS RECEIVED BY RESIDENT706 FROM YOU DURING THE 12-MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. IN LIEU OF REFUND, RESIDENT706 SHALL BE PERMITTED, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO PROVIDE “MAKE-GOOD” MARKETING SERVICES, PROVIDED SUCH “MAKE-GOOD” MARKETING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITHIN A REASONABLE PERIOD OF TIME AFTER THE LIABILITY HAS ACCRUED.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent Resident706 may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of Resident706’s liability will be the minimum permitted under such law.
- Acknowledgement. Each party acknowledges that the other party has entered into the Order Summary in reliance upon the limitations of liability set forth herein and that the same is an essential basis of the bargain between the parties.
- 16. Third Party Beneficiaries. You understand and acknowledge that the Publishers are intended third-party beneficiaries of Sections 7, 8, 9 and 13.
- 17. Dispute Resolution
- Informal Dispute Resolution. Except for any controversy or claim relating to an Intellectual Property Right (as defined below in Section 15(c)), the parties agree that with respect to any matters, disputes, or claims between Client and Resident706 arising from or related to this Agreement or the parties’ relationship, Resident706 and Client shall negotiate in good faith to informally resolve the problem or dispute. If the problem or dispute is not resolved satisfactorily within 60 days after Resident706 or Client receives notice in accordance with Section
16(d) (if Resident706), or to the address identified on the Order Summary (if Client), either party can submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with this arbitration provision.
- Arbitration. Except for any controversy or claim (1) relating to the ownership by either party of any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below in Section
15(c)), or (2) properly filed and pursued in small claims court on an individual basis, any claim, dispute or controversy between the parties arising from or relating to this Agreement or the relationships which result from this Agreement that remain unresolved after the parties attempt to informally resolve such claim, dispute or controversy shall be resolved by binding arbitration brought on an individual basis as a “Common Claim” before the National Arbitration Forum (NAF) pursuant to the Code of Procedure then in effect (or such other arbitration provider as is mutually-agreeable to the parties) in a manner consistent with the terms in this Agreement. Parties shall submit all available documents that support their claims, counterclaims or defenses at the time of submission of the initial claim or response thereto. Formal discovery will only be permitted upon a showing of good cause and subject to the arbitrator’s approval. The arbitration shall take place in the state and county in which Client is located or in Augusta,Georgia, in accordance with the initiating party’s (“Claimant’s”) preference. The Client and Resident706 shall each pay their own arbitration and hearing fees, costs, and expenses, including but not limited to fees, costs and expenses for attorneys, experts, discovery, and witnesses (as applicable). The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator. The arbitration may be held by telephone or by written submissions if Client and Resident706 so elect. The
arbitrator shall issue a written award. Any award of the arbitrator may be entered as a judgment in any court having jurisdiction. After an arbitration is commenced, if the Claimant makes a written offer of settlement that is rejected by the other party (“Respondent”), and Claimant is the prevailing party in arbitration and recovers an amount equal to or greater than Claimant’s offer of settlement, Claimant shall recover his, her or its reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses incurred in investigating, preparing for, and pursuing a claim in arbitration up to $25,000. After an arbitration is commenced, if the Respondent makes a written offer of settlement that is rejected by the Claimant, and Claimant either does not prevail in arbitration or does not recover more in the arbitration than Respondent’s offer of settlement (exclusive of attorney’s’ fees or costs awarded to Claimant by the arbitrator), then Respondent shall recover his, her or its reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses incurred in investigating, preparing for, and defending the claim in arbitration up to $25,000. This agreement to arbitrate shall be governed by and interpreted under the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Sections 1-16.
- Exceptions. This agreement to arbitrate does not apply to any of the following:
(1) any claim, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to a patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret right of Client, Resident706 or any affected third party (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”); or
(2) claims filed on an individual basis in small claims court properly within that court’s jurisdiction and proceeding on an individual (non-class) basis. The parties expressly agree that arbitration shall proceed solely on an individual basis without the right for any claims to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or on bases involving claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of others. The arbitrator’s authority to resolve and make written awards is limited to claims between Client and Resident706. Claims may not be joined or consolidated unless agreed to in writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, if any portion of this “Exceptions” provision is deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the entire Dispute Resolution Provision (other than this sentence) shall not apply. If a party improperly brings a claim, action or proceeding in a court of law that is properly arbitrable in accordance with Section 15(b), or brings a claim, action or proceeding in arbitration that is not properly arbitrable based on the exceptions identified in this Section 15(c), the other party may seek relief in a court located in the jurisdiction in which the underlying action was commenced and, if prevailing, shall be entitled to his, her or its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Amendment. Resident706 reserves the right to amend this arbitration provision at any time and will notify Client of such amendments. Client’s continued use of the services after receiving notice of any changes to this Section 15 is an affirmation of Client’s consent to such changes.
- Opt-Out. Advertiser shall have the right to opt-out of this arbitration provision by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. Mail, postage prepaid, to Resident706, LLC., 4015 Washington Road., Suite B, Martinez, Georgia, 30907, Attention: Operations Manager within 30 days of signing the first Order Summary with Resident706 or receipt of any notification of changes to this and this arbitration provision shall remain in full force and effect.
- Voluntary and Knowing Waiver. BY ENTERING INTO THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT IS WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY FOR ANY CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. CLIENT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY ONLY BRING A CLAIM IN ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT IN ANY REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. OTHER RIGHTS THAT CLIENT WOULD HAVE IF IT WENT TO COURT, SUCH AS DISCOVERY OR THE RIGHT TO APPEAL, MAY BE MORE LIMITED OR MAY NOT EXIST
- 18. Miscellaneous.
- Governing Law. The Agreement will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to conflict of laws principles.
- Timing of Claims. You agree that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, the dispute resolution process identified in Section 15 applicable to any claim, dispute or controversy arising out of or related to the Agreement must be commenced within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred; provided that this section shall not in any way limit the time in which claims for infringement or misappropriation of Intellectual Property Rights may be brought.
- Entire Agreement. The Agreement (which includes the Order Summary, all applicable and any payment authorization forms) sets forth the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes any and all prior oral or written agreements or understandings between the parties as to the subject matter hereof. It may be changed only by a writing signed by both parties. With respect to changes to Order Summary then in effect, such writing may include email, provided that such changes are limited to a change in the term of the Order Summary or the amounts being paid under the Order Summary.
- Notices. Any written notices to Resident706 required under the Agreement shall be provided by registered mail with proof of delivery to Resident706 then current corporate headquarters address (as shown on www.resident706.com), Attn: Operations Manager and by email to email@example.com. Notices shall be deemed delivered 72 hours after posted in the mail.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions will continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way.
- Assignment. You may not assign any Order Summary or the Agreement without the prior written consent of Resident706. The parties’ rights and obligations will bind and inure to the benefit of their respective successors, heirs, executors and joint administrators and permitted assigns.
- Independent Contractors. The parties to the Agreement are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by the Agreement. party products and services and Resident706 may do so without your consent, provided that Resident706 remains primarily liable for the performance of its obligations to you.
- Referrals. You acknowledge that Resident706 may provide incentives to third parties to introduce potential clients to Resident706 or to direct Resident706 to potential clients.
- 10. Force Majeure. Neither party shall have any liability for any failure or delay (other than with respect to payment obligations) resulting from any governmental action, fire, flood, insurrection, earthquake, power failure, riot, explosion, embargo, strikes whether legal or illegal, labor or inventory shortage, unavailability of currency, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown or any other condition affecting production or delivery in any manner beyond the reasonable control of such party.
- 11. International Sale of Goods; Exports. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act do not apply to this Agreement. Resident706 software is controlled by U.S. Export Regulations, and it may not be exported to or used by embargoed countries or individuals.